Covenant Medical Center
Under general supervision, oversees workflow of day-to-day activities of the school health office. Performs services as assigned by the School Nurse-RN and in accordance with written policy. School health assistant responsibilities will vary according to the school health program. Adheres to Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare's performance expectations and performs all defined services and other related duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare.
High school diploma plus specialized training. Prior experience working with and engaging children. Previous work experience in a medical environment preferred.
BLS. Mandatory Reporter Training. First Aid. Must completed annual Iowa Department of Education's requirements on Medication Administration. Valid IA driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
- High language, intermediate math, high reasoning ability.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to present a positive image.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with students, school, staff, and Wheaton-Iowa staff.